Thursday, June 30, 2011

Today

Today I:

  • Had coffee with the lovely Miss Neysa Nankervis (volunteer who lives near me).
  • Started the process of renewing my Bulgarian ID card for my 2nd year here with my counterpart.
  • Extended my internet contract for a 2nd year with my counterpart.
  • Bought lovely heels to go with the dress I am almost finished with.
  • Had lunch with the lovely Miss Neysa Nankervis.
  • Went to an orphanage with the lovely Miss Neysa Nankervis for youth ages 18+ who have disabilities.
  • Bought delicious nectarines and raspberries at the market.
  • Went to the grocery store for some miscellaneous items and cat food.
  • Walked back to my place.
There is now a lovely thunderstorm outside and I'm about to sit down to watch the season finale of The Killing (a great show I recently started watching and have been addicted to hosted on AMC) and last night's So You Think You Can Dance while I work on a few things I need to finish up. Today I even received a call from a friend's parents who are currently visiting Bulgaria which was fun. Thanks for the call Korthauers!  

Before I do all of that though I would like to elaborate a bit on my time at the orphanage. Neysa and I went there just to hang out with the kids. We brought with coloring pages, markers they could draw on their windows and mirror with, and some matching puzzles. They are a good group of kids and here are a few photos of our time together:







The rest of the photos taken by myself and the residents can be found here:


Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment