Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Interested in Bulgarian?




I'm working to master the Bulgarian alphabet. It's a tricky one as it is 30 letters and has more difference than similarity to the English alphabet. I've added a picture for you to see what it looks like. I'm hoping to know all the letters and sounds within the week since I'll be doing some traveling and have more time available. Heading to Pittsburgh this weekend to see Sonya and Karthik! Then Naples, Florida to see Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa, can't wait to drive back to MN with you and stop by Memphis for the Civil Rights Museum! Obviously, I'm very excited to get moving yet can't believe I'm leaving in a little over one month. woo hoo!

4 comments:

  1. I do plan on bringing a laptop with me though I don't know how useful it will be, we'll see. I've also been trying desperately to learn the language. I've got the alphabet down (it's easier than it seems) and a few phrases but there's still so much I want to learn before we leave cuz I really don't do well with learning new languages so it would be helpful to be a little ahead of the curve, you know?
    As far as interesting info. goes, I haven't really had the chance to study much about Bulgaria. I wish I could just quit my job now and focus on this but, no, things are busier than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh the alphabet... Ive got a few phrases down, but only from listening. Now I guess I need to start focusing on the reading part. I feel like im on information overload and need a moment to process what's going on; after all I just found out last week I was going to Bulgaria lol. I see you've found another PCV Bulgaria (hi adrienne) Found anyone else?

    Всичко (all the best)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya! Are you from Minnesota? If you are, me too! I am going to Bulgaria with the Peace Corps this May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from MN, I'm living with my parents in Fairmont right now but went to the U of MN. What flight are you on to Philadelphia? Maybe I'll look for you at the airport! My email is katelynchristinemartens@gmail.com. Are you excited? I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away.

    ReplyDelete