Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday in Sliven

Today I was able to spend some time with Amy (a fabulous volunteer who lives near me) here in Sliven. I met her at the market where we walked around and found some great knitted goods and pottery. We stopped for lunch afterwards where we had a lovely chat about potential future careers. It was a conversation that definitely made me appreciate being American and having ideas have the potential to become a reality more so than they would in other places. It turns out Amy and I are pretty much on the same page of what would be an amazing career for me. We'll see if it ever happens. It's so funny to me that we haven't even known each other for very long because I feel that she knows me pretty darn well. Maybe it's one of her gifts. No matter what, we seem to have a good time when we get together which I appreciate. She's definitely a major asset to me being so close and being such a great friend. Want to know what makes here even better? She enjoys playgrounds just as much as I do if not more. After we went to my place to drop off a few things we stopped by the Kindergarten in my neighborhood to have a little fun. After going down the slide a few times and taking some photos and man stopped by on his bike. Turns out he speaks English and offered to take a photo of the two of us. We kindly said "Yes, please" and he got a few of both of us. He was very sweet and told us he goes hiking with a group of people from Sliven (some of the people are English teachers in town) and to call him if we ever wanted to join them.

After the playground we headed toward the center to run our errands. I ended up finding some great postcards and we took a break for some crepes and coffee. Yum! Then Amy headed back to her village and I came back to my place. It was an overall great day. Thumbs up for good friends and nice fall days.



Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Thanks for all the kind words! I'm super lucky to have such a good friend so close too! It will be so sad when you leave. Thank goodness for Skype :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day! Thank God for great friends and beautiful fall days! I am so glad you are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete