Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last Day of School

It's had it's highs and it's lows but overall this school year has been wonderful. Today was my last day of school for the elementary students so it was time to say goodbye and celebrate a bit. Yesterday I celebrated with two of the classes and today it was time for the others. It was a fun day filled with smiles, hugs, flowers, games, and gifts which I will remember. I received some amazing things from students, teachers, and a few parents that I will cherish back in the US. We celebrated with Bingo and Kool-Aid, thanks mom and dad for sending it! After school some of the teachers and I went to lunch and they even treated me, thanks!




I don't quite know how to put in words my exact feelings about leaving in just 24 days since as much as I'm excited to see friends and family, this has been my home for the last two years. It'll definitely be a transition, with a few tears along the way, but I've known it's coming so I'm appreciating what time I have left. Now it's all about seeing everyone I want to see and going the places I've been wanting to before I leave Bulgaria. I also found out today that one of the teachers I work with will be starting a handcrafts class that I'm able to help with which will be a nice use of my time and good way to see some of the 3rd graders a bit more before I go :)

Tomorrow is Children's Day here in Bulgaria so I'll be attending a concert a few of my students are in. Also, I went to one of my students birthday parties yesterday which was fun. Always nice to see students outside of school :)



Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment