Friday, June 22, 2012

How Strange

How strange it is that I'm leaving Sliven in less than 48 hours. This last year has definitely flown by. I'm so grateful for the amazing students and colleagues I was able to work with over the last few years. They have helped to make my experiences here ones I will look back on fondly. Today I left school for the last time, said goodbye to colleagues, received lots of hugs from my lovely students, and my cats were picked up for their new life with a Bulgarian family. Plus, I received some incredibly thoughtful gifts. I'm incredibly thankful my experience as a Peace Corps Volunteer has been a positive one. It's fitting the rose is the flower that represents Bulgaria as though I have had many thorns along my journey, it's been overwhelmingly beautiful.

All I can say about closing my service on Monday, July 25th, 2012 is bittersweet, bittersweet.



Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All I can say is how happy I am that you had such a wonderful experience! It was life-enriching and life-enhancing!
    WELCOME HOME, DEAREST DAUGHTER!
    WE HAVE MISSED YOU!
    WE LOVE YOU!
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s never too early to think about the Third Goal. Check out Peace Corps Experience: Write & Publish Your Memoir. Oh! If you want a good laugh about what PC service was like in a Spanish-speaking country back in the 1970’s, read South of the Frontera: A Peace Corps Memoir.

    ReplyDelete