Monday, September 6, 2010

In Honor of Thomas Maresco Jr.

In the Event of My Demise

In the event of my Demise
when my heart can beat no more
I Hope I Die For A Principle
or A Belief that I had Lived 4
I will die Before My Time
Because I feel the shadow's Depth
so much I wanted 2 accomplish
before I reached my Death
I have come 2 grips with the possibility
and wiped the last tear from My eyes
I Loved All who were Positive
In the Event of my Demise

Tupac Shakur


I know there is nothing I can write here to make the grieving any easier for the family and friends of Thomas Maresco. I simply wanted to let all of you know that I am thinking of you all. Though I never met Thomas, I've come to realize the Peace Corps truly is one big family. I know here in Bulgaria I love spend time with other volunteers. Thomas's time was most definitely cut short as he was the same age I currently am. Wishing you all my love. -Kate


P.S. If anyone knows of a mailing address I can send an actual card to please leave it for me under the comments.


The news story for any of you who did not hear:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/09/05/lesotho.peace.corps.death/index.html#fbid=gOg9P47UmeC&wom=false


4 comments:

  1. Thomas went to school with my daughter and I worked at the school also. If you want to send the card here, we will see that the family gets it.
    Kay Black
    10117 Spyglass Lane
    Port St. Lucie, FL 34986

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you found my blog but thank you! I'll have something in the mail tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Kevin was in the Peace Corps with him and this is a difficult time for their entire Peace Corps family. I hope that those who knew him will find peace and be able to continue their great work in Africa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received a card today from california. Is this from you? Found out today Tom's viewing is Wednesday night with the service at St. Lucie Catholic Church in Port St. Lucie, FL on Thursday @ 11 am. I will make sure this card gets to his parents.

    Kay Black

    ReplyDelete