Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"We are the People We've Been Waiting For"

On my day off from teaching English, I stumbled upon the documentary, "We are the People We've Been Waiting For". It is an excellent film about education in our current society. 'You can watch it for free here:


It is definitely worth your time. Great questions are asked and some of the answers are quite amazing. One of the people in the documentary is Ken Robinson, I can't wait to read his books once I get my hands on them. He gave an excellent lecture on "schools kill creativity", you can find at this site:


Also, Ken Robinson will be in MN to give a lecture in December, here's the site for more information:


Wish I could make it, but as I'm in Bulgaria I figured I could at least pass on the info.


3 comments:

  1. These videos are beyond awesome and should be watched by all educators and young adults. Thanks for bringing these to our attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, I hope more people take the time to watch them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched most of both of them- but I'm still working on finishing them! I'd love to have a discussion with you about school/ creativity/ educators/ ideals/ purpose of the educational system some time (just not on a blog :) )

    ReplyDelete