Tuesday, September 20, 2011

World Peace Day

September 21st is World Peace Day! How are you going to celebrate? I'll be teaching all of my third graders the word "peace" in English along with leaving a poster about Peace in my school's teachers' room. I'll also be celebrating by having coffee with a few other Americans in my area. Want to learn more about this day? Here are a few websites you can access by clicking on the links.

International Day of Peace
Wikipedia on International Day of Peace
Peace One Day
Peace One Day Documentary

--September 21st is a more recent "World Peace Day", November 17th has also been celebrated in this way. If you can't think of anything to do to celebrate this day why not learn how to make a paper crane, instructions can be found HERE.

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment