Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy November!

I'm so thankful yesterday and today have been no school days because of how much work went into last week with all of the Halloween festivities. It's back to students tomorrow and I'm happy to get into more of a routine as the last few weeks have been hectic.There hasn't been school for the last two Mondays plus last week the schools in Sliven had no school Wednesday because it was our city holiday. That means a not a whole lot of English for my 3rd graders since I see them Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Tomorrow I will resume a more regular schedule which will be nice. My teachers and I can get back into starting the lesson together, me bringing two students out to work on their speaking and comprehension skills, and then coming back together at the end to review the lesson or play a game.

To catch you all up on my weekend...Friday night I attended a hip hop dance performance here in Sliven which one of my students invited me to. It was nice and I enjoyed seeing what they were capable of as that is not something I've been to before here in Bulgaria. Then Saturday/Sunday I traveled to my host family's as it was the town holiday and I hadn't seen them since May. I finally got to meet my baba's grandaughter which was fun.  Her name is Victoria though her nicknames are Vicky or Kiki. She is an adorable two year old who made things that much better. The other volunteer who lived with my family after me was also visiting so it was nice to all be together.






Other than that I've been able to relax a bit and do some catch up activities around my apartment. I've been knitting a lot lately which is fun. I'm trying to challenge myself with some more difficult patterns and I'm hopefully going to start on a sweater soon. I hope all of you had a wonderful Halloween!

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, Kate! Vicky will be very happy to see them :) She still talks about Katе and Joe and cats, how are put on booots her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can't find your email address so if you email me at katelynchristinemartens@gmail.com I can send you a link to all the photos I have of her from Veneta's house :)

    ReplyDelete