Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It smells like the cabin

I wanted to put up a quick post this evening as I just got home from a lovely dinner with our fabulous country director, Mikel Herrington. I walked into my apartment and headed out into my terrace to take down some laundry I had hung up. As soon as I got back inside I happened to smell my hair and it reminds me of our family's cabin. Until I came to Bulgaria my only real interaction with a wood stove was there in the wintertime but living here provides me with the smell all winter long as many people still use wood stoves. I guess my future thoughts associated with burning wood will also have to include Bulgaria. I hope you're all having a wonderful evening.

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment