Sunday, November 20, 2011

So Much to Share

This week flew by, yet I don't have an exact reason why. Well, it was a regular school week with a few additions. Monday I subbed for the 2nd grade English teacher which was a mostly enjoyable day.

Then, I was able to meet up with Amy (fellow volunteer) and her friend that was visiting for dinner that night. They also came to my school  Thursday night for our annual "Мамо Татко и Аз" friendly competition. That's "Mom, Dad, and Me" for all of you would don't read Bulgarian. It's a competition where each class within the 1st grade competes against one another in relay races. First the kids compete against one another, then the moms, and finally the dads. It's a fun competition and between each round students perform songs and dances. Everything is based on time to figure out the final scores and then prizes are given accordingly to the classes.



I made cookies for a few of my after school classes this week because they've been working so hard and a few teachers and students asked for the recipe so here's the link (it's in metric too):

Sugar Cookies

Sometimes I add cinnamon to the recipe as well and I occasionally drizzle icing over them.

The 2nd thing I'd like to share is "Over It" written by Eve Ensler. I enjoyed reading her viewpoint on such an important global issue.

Over It

Third, another great article this week was written by Maya Lau who was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Senegal. Her honestly shines through while she reflects on her time in the Peace Corps.

What the Peace Corps Taught Me About Failure

And last, I'm still looking for donations for EFL Enrichment Workshops so they can be implemented in the spring. Only 26 people need to donate $50 or 65 people need to donate $20 or 130 people need to donate $10 for it to be fully funded!

Enrichment Workshops

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment