Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter Break Has Begun :)

This week was filled with Christmas festivities including making Christmas cards, going to a few concerts, and attending the teacher's banquet. In order to celebrate but still work on a bit of English the students made Christmas cards for their families and then we played Christmas Bingo. They all had a good time and I even got to watch one of the classes perform a Christmas skit. With my 5th grade spelling group we also played Christmas Bingo after having a mock spelling bee for me to see what they can do. We've got a lot of work but they have definite potential. I brought Christmas cookies, candy canes, and gifts for some of my colleagues this week for Christmas and I also received many wonderful presents. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Wednesday and Thursday evening there were Christmas concerts at the school. I went both nights which was good because it was not the same show. The oldest students blew me away with their performance Thursday evening. Their dancing was amazing! Look for videos in my next post as I have not edited them quite yet. After the concert Thursday evening it was time for the teacher's banquet which was at a nice restaurant. The evening was filled with food, drinks, and dancing. Today school was shortened and I went with 3 classes of students to a restaurant near the school for their Christmas party. It was a good time however I'm exhausted and ready to relax a bit before Christmas Eve tomorrow. I'm so happy for the school break, both the students and the teachers were in need of some time away.

I'll be heading to Byala (a village nearby) in the morning to spend time with another volunteer and people she knows. I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! May it be filled with happiness, joy, and people you love. Look for another post Sunday or Monday as I'll put something up before I head to Poland for vacation :)

The photos from the week can be found under the "Links of Interest" section titled "Christmas 2011 at SOU 11" a bit later.

Also, a big shout out to my uncle Tom and aunt Doris who sent me a lovely package of Christmas candies this week. Thank you to everyone else who has sent me a package, card, or wishes this month!

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment