Friday, December 9, 2011

Time's moving quickly

Goodness, the past few weeks have flown by and not for any particular reason. Plus, there's only about 7 months of my service left, so strange. The weather has been beautiful for the most part, definitely has felt more like fall than winter. Last week I was subbing for an English teacher who was ill and this week I had to travel to Sofia. I was in Sofia to get my flu shot which is a required part of being a Peace Corps Volunteer. I never get them but I didn't really have much of a choice this time. It was actually a good time to be in Sofia since there is a lot of protesting going on in the country. There were over 150 tractors which were driven into the city to advocate for farmer's rights. Pensioners were also protesting against the new age requirements the government wants to place on retirement. I was also able to have lunch while I was at the capital with two of the volunteers I spent my time with during training which was nice. Here's a little clip of one of the protests and some photos from my day. 




For what's going on with teaching 3rd grade we're moving right along with the book material. Here's the song we sang for the lesson today:


I'm looking forward to having some Christmas lessons soon and the Christmas concerts my school will put on. Things around the school and the city are decorated well for the holidays :) For another great video, here's the dance a group of girls made up for our "Days of the Week" song. 


A BIG thanks to my wonderful family who sent me Christmas packages this week. Aunt Chris, Uncle Andy, Aunt Kathy, Uncle Bob, Amber, Jason, Rowan, and Braden, thank you!

Also, Happy Birthday to Miss Amy Eastin on the 13th!

Finally, if you know of anyone who can help fund a Peace Corps Project. Please visit my project which can be found here (every little bit helps and it's tax deductible):  English Enrichment Workshop

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way some of the students were "dancing" in their seats while they sang "This is the way..." The Days of the Week song was fun, too!
    So much fun to see the classrooms in action!
    LYL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the sign say with the golden arches on it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. The McDonald's sign says "Happy Holidays". Glad you liked the videos :)

    ReplyDelete