Sunday, February 19, 2012

Teaching English

I figured some of you may be interested to see videos of what we do in English class, so here you are. The first one shows a typical English activity. Part of most lessons includes me reading the new text or dialogue while the students listen and follow along. Then the students repeat after me to improve their pronunciation. 


The 2nd video shows students singing a song. About every other unit their is a song included. This averages out to twice a month typically. You'll notice a familiar tune however I'm teaching British English; therefore, this Old McDonald's got a farm. 


And these videos show third grade students reading aloud their new text for Valentine's Day. After we went through the translation of the poem, they found it very funny to read to one another. Mistakes and all, I think they did wonderfully. 









This week is a three day week for students which will hopefully allow me to get a significant portion of my side projects finished. I'm looking forward to a few days of time at my apartment to work on my long to-do list to accomplish during my short time left here in Bulgaria.

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete