Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Activities

This week I was able to celebrate Valentine's day with all of the 3rd grade students on Wednesday which turned out to be a great time. Not only did the students like the activities which included reading a poem, making a Valentine, and number/shape bingo but I was showered with compliments by many of them. I think my favorites were "You're a good person" and a coordinated "I love you" by a few girls. The one thing about bingo that usually surprises me is that if I have a toothbrush as part of the prizes it is usually the first thing to be chosen. Good for the kids and I'm glad they want them, thanks dad for including them in one of my packages and whichever insurance company was giving them away to advertise. Here are some photos of the lessons (there are videos but I don't want anyone to be embarrassed so I won't upload them):



 


For all the spelling kids, remember to study the words from the list and practice your pronunciation of "i", "r", "c", "s", "u", and "y". Next week the spelling bee will be from the A-C words :)

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment