Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy International Women's Day!

Today was International Women's Day, a holiday I enjoy here in Bulgaria. I started off the day meeting another volunteer for coffee. I then went to school and after school there was a concert for all the teachers put on by several different student groups. After dinner we all went out to lunch at a local restaurant. It's a great holiday filled with flowers, good wishes, and smiles. In total I received 2 carnations, 2 handmade candy flowers, a hyacinth plant, and several cards. Now for a few photos from the day.

 The cards I made (above) and the cards another teacher made (below).
 One of the students wishing the Director (Principal) a Happy Women's Day. 
 A skit complete with song by one of the student groups.

 Enjoying lunch together.

If you'd like a bit more info about the holiday, check out this link:

A bit of history

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment