Friday, March 16, 2012

It's Spring :)

It's springtime, one of my favorite times of the year. Though the weather has been cold and dreary today was a beautiful, sunny day which was perfect timing as it was my school's Sports Day. The swimming races were inside though I was glad the weather was good since the track is outside. The whole week has been wonderful as we've had lots of events going on.This week marked the school's anniversary so last night there was an anniversary/spring concert which was wonderful. I've added another album of photos titled "March 2012 at SOU 11". Check out the photos under the links section. I'm happy it's Friday, now some time at home to work on my side projects.

Highlights of the day:
-Seeing students from each grade level win their relay races on the track and in the pool.
-Teaching my 3rd graders "track suit" as part of their clothing vocabulary.
-The 3rd grade boys not believing I could play football (soccer).
-A student's mom telling me how much the 3rd graders love having me as their teacher.

And I'll leave you with a few videos of the performances from last night:



The traditional dance performance by the students in high school is unfortunately too long to upload but it is wonderful and leave me a comment if you'd like to view it as I can send it via FlipShare :)

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment