Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My beautiful, bountiful, Bulgarian birthday :)


Okay, so the alliteration is for my mom but I am having a wonderful birthday! 

The day's note even finished and my birthday is splendid (to use the word Mr. Erik Kraft wished me). Yesterday I made about 100 cookies of one recipe for the third grade students, about 50 cookies of another recipe for the teachers, and about 50 more cookies of a 3rd recipe also for the teachers. Today they were enjoyed. When I was visiting each 3rd grade class to give them treats I was presented with cards, flowers, and gifts. It made for a lovely start of the day. They all enjoyed the cookies, or at least if anyone didn’t they said nothing, so guess what we’re doing during English tomorrow? Sugar cookie recipe

Then I got all the goodies for the teachers ready in the teachers’ room. There were the cookies I made, popcorn, nuts, dried fruit, chocolates, hard candies, soda, and iced tea. Little did I know they had a HUGE surprise planned for me. Something I’ve definitely been wanting. They gave me a traditional Bulgarian outfit/costume from my region. It’s beautiful and I love it! I can't wait to show it off and wear if I get the chance to present about Bulgaria with students :) I was also gifted several other things including rakia, cards, and a traditional puppet/doll representing the women of villages who is wearing traditional dress. I love the history and traditions of this country. It’s something I think the US lacks. The whole morning was rather wonderful. This may be one of my best birthdays ever, dare I say. 

To top things off I received a beautiful short-sleeved sweater from my Bulgarian Baba in the mail yesterday which I was able to wear today. I also got to skype with my wonderful parents and amazing friend Miss Krista Ryan. The day was great and I received many wishes of health, happiness, and love. If today is an indication of the upcoming year, 26 is going to be fantastic!



Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate weather is was in person, online, or through the mail :)


Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment