Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ninety-nine

It's official, less than 100 days until I get on a plane back to Minnesota and reality is setting in. I'm really enjoying my time in Bulgaria these days which is wonderful. I've been thinking the last few days and I've come up with a just a few things and people I'm going to miss when I'm back in the US:

-My third graders smiles, compliments, and optimism.
-Being gifted random homemade products and food without any particular holiday or celebration attached.
-The mountains.
-My counterpart and the teachers I'm able to work with that go the extra mile.
-Chatting with my PCV friends about daily life.
-My cats (they'll be staying here).
-The traditions of Bulgaria. I love watching my students sing and dance.
-Horo, traditional Bulgarian Dance. I love the femininity the women possess and the strength the men possess while dancing gracefully together.
-Being able to pretend I don't understand when I want to get out of a conversation.

Just a few things I've been thinking about :)

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment