Sunday, April 8, 2012

It's Spring Break :)

Well it's officially spring break for me and I'm having a nice time staying here in Sliven and getting things done. A few things on my to-do list include:

-Finish purchasing materials and making teaching resources for my upcoming EFL (English as a Foreign Language) Enrichment Workshops
-Write a few cover letters and revise my resume for a few teaching/project assistant positions at Madison for my move in August
-Spring clean my apartment and get the walls ready for paint :)

My week before break ended well with a few Easter related activities in English class. One of the teachers I work with was ill so it was just me for two of the sections. Though their class teachers were a bit worried about the students' behavior with only me around things went very well. One of the students who is very good at initiating problems was actually on his best behavior, it was nice to see. Plus, the kids were so excited I didn't give them any homework and we all played Bingo Friday. In my Friday after school group we played hangman and drew some Easter and Spring themed pictures. Here's a few photos:










Easter is not today here in Bulgaria as we follow the Orthodox calendar, therefore we are off of school until April 16th. April 17th is the first day back and also my first EFL Enrichment workshop! Lots to do but it's a good kind of busy that I'm definitely enjoying :)

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment