Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Surprisingly Satisfying Day

I just wanted to put up a quick post since today was surprisingly satisfying. The first 2 sections of 3rd grade went as planned however surprise to me the teacher I usually teach with fir the second 2 sections was ill. The Director of the elementary portion of our school had talked with the teachers that they wouldn't have English however I was unaware of this. After the 1st classroom teacher checked she said it was fine for us to have English so even though we started a bit late things went okay. Generally the kids don't listen or follow directions as quickly with just me in the room because they know I'm not going to yell at them but things were good. However the surprise came with my last section. The class was more calm than normal and were very good listeners and also got everything done. I had to stop and just stare at them once they started working on the Easter related activity I had planned because it was going so smoothly. Needless to say, I look forward to Friday as I'm going to try to start class the same way as today since it worked so well.

After school the day continued to go well as four boys from the 6th grade came to help me with some activities I needed to get done for the upcoming teacher workshops I will be facilitating. We just hung out coloring, writing, and putting things together for almost 2 hours and the time seemed to fly by. I love kids willing to help out with nothing but satisfaction in return :)

I hope you're all having a wonderful day! I'll post photos this weekend when our Easter crafts are complete :)

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment