Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Made It!

I'm finally settled in Bulgaria! We are at a hotel in the mountains which is quite beautiful. I'm hoping to get a bit of time during the day tomorrow to go out and get some photos of the beautiful scenery. I am staying with another girl in a double room until Sunday when we take another bus ride to Vratsa. There are about 85 of us, quite a large group! Peace Corps Volunteers here will be Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Youth Development, and Community Development. I will be teaching English to Primary students.

It's 8 hours ahead of Minnesota here in Bulgaria; therefore, it is currently almost 10:00 pm. (And, I'm ready to go to bed.) My Tuesday and Wednesday converged into one and I'm lacking sleep quite a bit. I didn't sleep much on the planes or the bus ride here. It is going to be a busy week of learning new things and getting ready to move in with my host family on Sunday! Hello to everyone back home and I'll try to update this as much seems reasonable.

1 comment:

  1. KATELYN!!!!

    You're an amazing woman!! Congratulations on the beginning of this amazing adventure! We've been thinking of you a lot all week long!!!! Glad you made it safe and sound and I can't wait to see all of the pictures you will be taking soon!!!!

    Rebecca et al.

    ReplyDelete