Saturday, May 15, 2010

Orientation

Today is our last full day of orientation activities up in the Rila Mountains. We have learned a great deal of information and began quite a bit of Bulgarian. I'm working on it but it has some difficult sounds so I'll be glad when we have class every and I have lots of practice. I was impressed with some of the volunteers' Bulgarian who visited last night (who have only been here a year). Therefore, I'm hoping for the best! We have our "official" dinner tonight which will most likely include some dancing. We learned 2 dances and they are quite fun.

We get to meet our host family tomorrow! And most likely be fed a great deal of food. I will be living in a small town for our PST (Pre-service Training). It is a village of about 2,100 people and we'll see what it's like. I won't know when the next time I will blog will be. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun seeing you guys today! Hopefully we get the chance to meet up a lot over the next 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete