Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Women's Day!

"Women are the real architects of society." Harriet Beecher Stowe

Today was International Women's Day which I must say I truly enjoyed. The day started off with some of my 6A students giving me flowers and the rest of the class combining their efforts to give me cups and saucers. A good gift as I do not have any fancy tea/coffee drinking items at my place. I haven't bought any since I rarely have guests but I guess I'll have to invite some people over now. Our classes were shortened to 35 minutes with no long break and all students came in the morning instead of half of the elementary students in the afternoon. This was for two reasons. First, to make sure all the teachers were free to first attend the concert put on by some of the 1st through 5th grade students who are singers. Secondly, we all went out for lunch at a nearby restaurant to celebrate. It was very nice and in honor of women's day and the fact that I am one I also received some shower gel and soap from my school (Bulgarian's are such practical gift givers, I love it). I'm including a few photos to this post however all of my photos from the day can be found under the "links" section of my blog by clicking on:


All of the photos below are from today:

My gifts:

My gift to the teachers:

5A:


One of my 1st graders burning off some energy before his performance:



Though she wasn't singing "I whip my hair" she was SO doing it:



Student made cards to celebrate:

At our lunch:

Oh, and my 6A students cleaned during their class hour:


They're sanding (we just got new doors):



Peace, love, literacy, and reckless curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment