Sunday, March 20, 2011

My 25th Birthday

Today was my 25th birthday. I started the day by waking up, eating some cinnamon-sugar toast, having coffee, and watching Rango (the animated movie with the chameleon) in bed. For Rango being marketed as a kids/family movie, I greatly enjoyed the amount of social issues and adult humor written into the script. After writing a few emails, knitting, and finally getting dressed, I went and met another volunteer, Neysa, and we headed over to a special needs home here in Sliven that Neysa volunteers at once a week to wish one of the kids there a Happy Birthday.
Signs of spring:


Near the center of Sliven:

At the Youth Home:






After the home we went out for dessert and a drink. Finally I was able to skype with my parents and chat with some other friends and family. It was a good, relaxing day.

Tomorrow I will be celebrating my birthday once again with my students and teachers at school. I already have chocolates bought and will be buying some sort of beverage. Here in Bulgaria, you give out chocolates to people on your birthday (and other special days). I enjoy it as it's a nice way to share your happiness and celebrate your special day.

Thank you to everyone who posted messages, sent emails, or sent me a package (thanks Kathy, Bob, Amber, Jason, Rowan, and Braden) for my birthday. Everything was greatly appreciated as it made my day all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment