Sunday, August 21, 2011

Teaching Workshop

I've had a pretty relaxing Sunday filled with a lot of online TV, a documentary, making some themed memory games for vocab review, and a bit of food. It's been in the high 80s (Fahrenheit that is) but has been feeling like the 90s to me lately. Needless to say my little fan has been getting quite the workout.

Last Friday I was able to attend a teaching workshop in the city of Karnobat (about 45 minutes by bus away from me) with 3 of the teachers from my school. Lynn Lynch, a Peace Corps Volunteer who will be leaving in September, put on the workshop to share games, strategies, and idea for teaching English to elementary students. It was a great day of sharing and my teachers really enjoyed it. It's always nice to get new idea and share resources. It made me get excited for the new school year and ready to start making things. Which I have been doing of and on today. There were three Peace Corps Volunteers besides myself at the workshop along with about 10 Bulgarian teachers. I brought along some yummy dips and crackers to have another volunteer's place after the workshop had finished since I stayed there that night. Here are a few photos to sum up our day:




This week is my last for summer English Classes and I'm hopefully going to get the kids to make some fun how-to videos of a few popular Bulgarian summer foods. We'll see how it goes. Tomorrow is going to be a big review of vocabulary day along with spelling activities. All the kids for this week have finished 5th grade so we'll see how ready they are for 6th grade English.

Finally...

Thank you to my United States followers for hitting over 4,000 views!

Thank you to my Bulgarian followers for hitting over 3,200 views!

I wanted to send a big shout-out to Kara DeCook and Peter Brandt who got married this weekend. I wish you both the very best and am sure you'll have a great life together. Congratulations!

I hope you're all having a wonderful summer!

Peace, Love, Literacy, and Reckless Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment